Money — bread, dough, bucks, smackers, stash, cash, dinero, by any other name is still — Money!
We all want more, we seek it and need it! Why? What is so important to us about this thing called money? Well, in our modern society it is known as the currency of exchange.
As a currency of exchange, money is simply an item used to make it easier to exchange other items of value. Instead of a complicated system of bartering goods, we use money. In this process of exchange, it is the amount of money that establishes the value of products or services.
The value of an item is reflected in its price: how much money someone is willing to give in exchange for the item. Simply put, the more I value something, the more I am willing to pay for it. An exchange happens, I give my money and receive a particular item. I may have a desire, even a need for a particular product, but without money, no exchange happens.
Faith: The Currency Of Heaven
Just like our temporal world the Kingdom of heaven has a currency of exchange, it is called FAITH! It is through faith; the miraculous things of the Kingdom are possessed and revealed in this present world.
Jesus values faith and expressed its function as a currency of exchange.
Matthew 21:21-Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
The demonstration of our faith is an expression of our value of the things of the Kingdom! It is our faith that is used as the currency of exchange, allowing us to demonstrate the miraculous power of His kingdom.
Faith: Creating Value & Exchange
The classic verse defining faith is Hebrews 11:1. It states: ” Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” This text tells us faith is the substance – or the reality that something exists. The original word for “substance” has reference to something, which imparts reality. Faith is seeing those things that do not exist in the natural, as if they already did! It is faith that peers into the truth of the Kingdom world, seeing what has already been finished in the spirit realm. This “view” then causes us to act in a manner that reveals their existence. The demonstration of our faith gives reality to the spiritual view.
The greater our faith, the greater the value of what we see, prompts us to act, using our faith as the currency of exchange – demonstrating what we see, producing the miraculous!
This currency of exchange is demonstrated over and over in the 11th chapter of Hebrews. We are told that by faith…
- Israel passed through the Red Sea on dry ground (v 29)
- The walls of Jericho fell after marching around them (30)
- Rahab did not perish because she hid the Israelite spies (31)
- We are told of those who subdued kingdom, obtained promises, shut lions mouths, quenched fire, even received dead to life again (vs 33-35)
In each of these cases, these individuals valued God’s word and the key to their miracles was their faith to ACT ON HIS WORD! When they acted, there was an exchange and God provided the miraculous!
The New Testament is filled with examples of individual’s faith as a currency of exchange to receive the miraculous.
- Woman with the issue of blood recorded in Matthew 9:20-22. Her faith said: “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Then she demonstrated her faith, made a way to touch his garment, an exchange happened – she was healed!
- Further in Matthew 9: 27-30, two blind men followed Jesus as he entered a house. They presented themselves to him asking for is mercy. Jesus’ reply was: “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” Their response was yes and their sight was restored. These men acted on their faith by following and approaching Jesus. When answering in the affirmative about their faith, an exchange happened and they were healed!
- It is recorded in Matthew 8: 5-13 of a Roman centurion with an ill servant. This centurion sought out Jesus for the servants healing. When Jesus stated he would come to his house, the centurion replied: “but only say the word, and my servant will be healed.” It is recorded Jesus marveled at his faith and stated: “Go; let it be done for you as you have believed.” In this instance, the centurion demonstrated his faith by seeking Jesus and stating he just needed Him to speak the word! An exchange happened and the servant was healed!
There are many more examples such as lepers cleansed, blind eyes restored, lame walking and diseases healed because of faith. In each case, the value of the truths of the Kingdom was revealed when the individual’s level of faith caused them to ACT ON THEIR FAITH. When the faith was demonstrated, an exchange took place and they received their miracles.
To demonstrate the miraculous power of the Kingdom, we need to use the currency of the Kingdom – FAITH! It is our medium of exchange: by our faith actions, we demonstrate the value of our faith, creating a spiritual exchange!
Food for thought:
What are you believing God for? How are you demonstrating it?
Pass this along! Please share!